Provincial Alert level 2 restrictions allow overnight camping. In compliance with the rules issued by the Public Health agency, the Park opened on June 8th for seasonal and transient campers. There are a number of restrictions and caveats associated with the reopening which will be communicated to all patrons. Attached, for your information, you will find Public Health’s advice to campground. We ask for your patience and cooperation to ensure a safe and enjoyable camping experience for everyone. Also, if you feel you may have been exposed to the COVID 19 virus or have any of the symptoms please do not come to the Park. If already there, please advise the office, vacate the Park and get tested. We all have a responsibility to protect one another. As we have seen, this disease can spread rapidly and have deadly effect, especially on vulnerable populations.
- Public Health’s advice to campground operators
- Newfoundland and Labrador Covid-19 website
- Extended Bubbles from NL Covid-19 website
H.W. Duffett Shriners RV Park
COVID 19 Protection
It is in everyone’s interest and our collective responsibility to control and prevent the spread of the COVID 19 virus in our province. The reopening of our Park is a positive move that will allow us to enjoy the camping experience this summer. However, we need to remain vigilant and practice the physical distancing and other precautions that have helped the province successfully manage the pandemic.
The Park will, as a minimum, follow all Public Health directives and take all necessary actions to ensure the safety of our patrons. The following measures will apply until further notice.
- Occupants of a campsite must be from the same extended bubble.
- Campers must stay at least 6 feet away from each other unless they are part of the same bubble.
- No group campsites/reservations are permitted, however double sites may be booked by members of the same extended bubble.
- There are currently washrooms and showers open. The laundromat is open by appointment only, arranged by office.
- The recreation building remains closed for gatherings. Playground, shuffleboard, and horseshoe use is permitted with restrictions, instructions are posted for their safe use.
- The office will be open for essential business only.
- The loan of Park equipment such as lawnmowers will be strictly controlled.
- Park staff have been issued protective equipment for their use. Hand sanitizer will be available in those areas where public access is permitted.
- Park staff will be practicing physical distancing and will not enter RV units.
Patrons are asked to:
- Respect the measures listed above.
- Don’t encroach on others bubbles.
- Cooperate with Park staff who have been tasked with ensuring the Park remain compliant with Public Health directives.
- Not enter the Park if they suspect they may have been exposed to to the COVID 19 virus or are showing symptoms. If already resident they should advise the office and vacate the Park along with their household/ bubble. They should be tested as soon as possible.
- Avoid situations where physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Practice good hand sanitation especially when accessing public areas such as the office.
- Respect and show consideration to our neighbors in the community especially in stores and other public areas.
The Harold W. Duffett Shriners RV Park is a family friendly, modern, full service RV Park located on the Eastport Peninsula, one of Newfoundland’s most beautiful destinations. We offer a range of services and facilities to accommodate all sizes and styles of RV’s.
- Opened in 1972, the park is owned and operated by Mazol Shriners of Newfoundland and Labrador — but open to anyone and everyone to enjoy!
- The park consists of 147 sites.
- The park has a Recreation Centre which is open to park patrons for cards, dances, musical jam sessions and many other activities.
- The centre also houses an athletic fitness centre.
- We are proud of the fact that the park has been rated as a 3.5 Star Facility by Canada Select, and as a 5 Star Facility by Good Sams.